Engage Human Behavior Psychology in creating successful events

 

The Chief Energy Officer of Linkviva EventsNiousha Ehsan discusses how to Engage Human Behavior Psychology in creating successful events.

Majority of marketing messages do not realize their potential and live up to its purpose because they do not account what their customers would like to hear and their human behavior.

98% of us are emotional and take decisions or perceive a message on the basis of emotions rather than logic. In order to make your business or brand successful and deliver the right message through an event, you need to understand human behavior and learn how to engage your target customer while creating experience and memories that influence their purchasing decisions.

The first step in understanding and influencing human behavior is to learn how the 5 senses of perception affect the conscious and subconscious mind where only 5% of daily activities come from our conscious mind and the rest 95% of actions, emotions and behavior comes from the subconscious mind. This very subconscious mind shapes how we experience the world and create reality, i.e, how your customers experience events.

 

To know and understand how customers create this reality/experience, we need to consider the following touchpoints –

Touchpoint 1 > Our reality is influenced by the 5 senses – What we see, what we hear, what we say, what we taste and what we touch or feel.

Touchpoint 2 > Audience add meaning to the meaningless data they acquire from our 5 senses and create a model of the world. Because different people perceive the same data in different ways and create different model of their world, they tend to perceive the same event differently.

Touchpoint 3 > Feeling making – Customers go to an event, add meaning, feelings and emotions to their model of the world and this creates a space where they feel either happy, sad, good or bad. This touchpoint provides feedback to the above two touchpoints.

Touchpoint 4 > All of the above touchpoints, influences behavior (both conscious and subconscious) that leads to taking actions and producing results that later feeds back into other experiences.

 

The next important step in engaging and delivering the right message to your audience via events is to understand how to connect human instinct with human behavior. After understanding the importance of the 5 sensory modalities, it is not just necessary to impact the audience’s experience but also their memory. Memories are more important as customers take purchase/referral decisions based on their memories than their experiences. In order to create a memory, you need to influence their experience by understanding their following value drivers and measure their ROE (Return on Experience) through their human instincts –

Value Driver 1 > Customers want to see guaranteed results.

Value Driver 2 >Emotional Return on investment – Peace of mind and assurance that they will receive the guaranteed results.

Value Driver 3 > Innovation/Creativity that touch with human instincts.

Value Driver 4 > Evidence/Credibility.

Value Driver 5 > Fast, Accuracy and on time.

Value Driver 6 > Hassle Free – Human retention is declining as time passes, the access to the intended message needs to be fast and easy.

Value Driver 7 > World Class Quality.

Value Driver 8 > Competitive Price.

Value Driver 9 > Receive Success/Money from the experience.

 

Enhancing and influencing five senses and making sure you address the value each client holds in that event context will help you create experiences for your audience that will serve as the right memory which will allow them to perceive the right message the brand intends to convey through the event and influence their purchase, repurchase or referral decisions positively. In the end, measuring these Return on Experiences (ROE) will provide you with the Return on your Investment (ROI).

 

Recent Comments
Archives
Categories
Categories